Thursday, February 9, 2023

Poem

 About my thoughts and feelings, that I have in my mind


Of a daughter named Kambili, whom I love with all my heart


But with my actions, I've torn us far apart.


She's gentle like a hibiscus flower, delicate and fair


With a soul that shines brighter than the sun, beyond compare.


But I've chased power, wealth, and control, with a heavy hand


And in the process, I've hurt her, breaking her spirit and command.


I've silenced her voice, that was once so soft and sweet


And left her in fear, with no peace in her feet.


I regret the pain I've caused, the love I neglected


And I want to make amends, to heal what I've affected.


So, Kambili, I ask for your forgiveness, and to take my hand


Together, we'll heal, and find a better land.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revision for Paper 1 - some useful links

Political cartoons: https://www.ncpedia.org/anchor/analyzing-political-cartoons# https://www.blitznotes.org/ib/eng-langlit-sl/cartoon_conven...