Tuesday, December 6, 2022

One day in the life of Neel

     December 6th 2022, I remember this day quite vividly, as it was a rather "special day." I remember waking up somewhat earlier then usual, though albeit suffering from much more fatigue as well. I woke up to the unpleasant feeling of cold win hitting my feet which had somehow found their way out of my bed covers and laid there, out in the open. Despite the discomfort, I got off my bed and prepared myself for school, first dressing up with whatever clothing I could find (I'm not much of a stylistic individual) and then proceeded to give my pet fish their much awaited breakfast, I then went on to enjoy breakfast of my own that my mother had so lovingly made. I remember the breakfast vividly, my mother had made some of the best toast I had eaten in a while. After devouring my food I immediately headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth, however something had caught my attention, a foul an putrid smell seemed to emanate from under our dining table.

     The unholy sight laid before left me aghast, I could not help but cough and gag at the foul odor, my cat, like the vile thing it is had decided to unleash its bowels under our dining table. I acted quickly, and cleaned it as best I could, however the time was ticking and I was going to be late for school. I quickly picked up the fecal matter and tossed it in the trash, I then rushed to the bathroom, there I brushed my teeth as if there was no tomorrow and bolted to school. On numerous occasions I almost tripped and fell in the treacherous terrain, especially considering it was winter and all I had were but a measly pair of summer sneakers. After reaching school my mind went dark, and I cant quite recall the day on its own.

     I do remember the end of my day however, I remembered how dry and tired my eyes felt, as I studied some chemistry on my old monitor, I remember the great meal my mother had made, a "wine rooster" is the accurate French translation I believe. And I remember taking a nice cold shower and having the fear shaken out of me when I saw a huge house spider laying its we right by my side. Fear, disgust and fascination were the emotions I felt when I laid eyes upon the arachnid, it had a leopard like pattern I had never seen before, its huge black eyes were constantly observing me, even as it performed its task, following my every move. After contemplating whether or not to leave it alone, I decided I would not bother it, it would be a pretty useful cleaner to get rid of all the pesky silverfish I thought to myself. After that I remember feeding my fish their second and las meal of the day, chatting with friends and finally going to bed, where it took me about half an hour to finally fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revision for Paper 1 - some useful links

Political cartoons: https://www.ncpedia.org/anchor/analyzing-political-cartoons# https://www.blitznotes.org/ib/eng-langlit-sl/cartoon_conven...