Monday, September 6, 2021

My Language Background

Even though I was born in Indonesia, I had two first languages. I started speaking in both Indonesian and English at the same time, so both can be called my mother tongues. When I was 6 I learned how to speak fluent Spanish and I started studying Korean 4 years ago, I can read, write and understand quite a lot very well though I still struggle when it comes to speaking. I've also studied Russian for 3 years though I still am very bad at it and I recently began learning French. In terms of English, I'm great at reading, I read very quickly and on average at least 2 books every month. Usually, between 700-900 words but I look for quality over quantity in books. I do write a bit as well and I believe I'm quite good at it, I'm also quite fast, I can type around 7,000-10,000 words an hour though I hope to improve it in the future. 

2 comments:

  1. 7,000-10000 words an hour is a lot of words, I am impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7000 words per hour that's like 116 words per minute that is fast

    ReplyDelete

Revision for Paper 1 - some useful links

Political cartoons: https://www.ncpedia.org/anchor/analyzing-political-cartoons# https://www.blitznotes.org/ib/eng-langlit-sl/cartoon_conven...